Unlock your equity
Ask for an illustration >
- We are a member of the Equity Release Council and the Later Life Academy and we operate from the Worcestershire (Pershore) and West Sussex (Chichester) areas.
- As a homeowner, you've probably seen the value in your home increase over time.
- Acorn Financial Services can help you tap into some of this value and release a cash sum, as well as advise you on how to invest it. We also highlight any potential risks.
How Equity Release works
- You must be aged 55 or over, have a property worth at least £75,000 and be able to release a minimum of £15,000.
- You retain legal ownership of your home.
- It will reduce the amount of inheritance you can leave.
- There are no monthly repayments. Instead, interest is added to the loan and to any interest previously added each year.
- The loan and interest are repaid in full, usually from the sale of your home, when you die or go into long-term care.
- Releasing equity from your home is a lifetime commitment.
- You can safeguard a percentage of your home's value with our inheritance guarantee.
- You will have little or no mortgage outstanding. You must use the amount released to pay off any existing outstanding mortgage.
- Releasing equity can affect your tax position and eligibility for welfare benefits.
- Equity Release isn't suitable if you have savings you could otherwise use, or if you would prefer to sell all or part of your home, or to downsize.